Wednesday 24 April 2019

Treacherous Test Taking  

Math class is one of my favorite subjects. No, I am not joking. I actually enjoy math quite a bit. Out of all of my subjects including options, Math is my second favorite. I enjoy Language Arts the most, but that's not what I am here to talk about. Today, I had a math test in the fifth period. We had a whole period to work on this test which was eight questions long. The topic was an easy one but yet it took me two whole periods to complete it.  Almost everyone completed the test in the one period that they were given except for five of us. I was one of those five. I missed half the school year because I was in a hospital for my OCD. The period that I had after math class was my study block, which is the time that I use to catch up with the schooling. 

Anyway, I took almost two whole periods to complete an eight-question math test. When I was finished, my teacher told me that I needed to practice my test taking skills because it shouldn't take me this long. I knew that I was taking a while and I knew why it was taking so long. It was mostly because I had erased and rewritten a bunch of my answers because they were too messy in my opinion. If you ask anyone else they would say that I have incredibly nice printing even when I write my messiest. I also have to check my adding several times, or else I think I will get the answer wrong. 

On this test, I have to use a calculator. When I use a calculator, I have to hit the clear button a certain amount of times before I allow myself to start typing anything else. I ended up finishing my test, which is the most important part, but I definitely need some practice on my time skills. I think next time I do a math test, I am going to limit myself to only erase one time and then move on. I may not be saving a lot of time by doing this, but baby steps are a good start. That's all for today guys. Thanks for reading and remember,  If you keep your face to the sun you can't see a shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment